ORDINATION CERTIFICATE COURSE
Gain unlimited access to the certificate course and earn your Ordination Certificate of Completion.
Ordination is the act of officially investing someone with religious authority. However, older translations of Scripture speak of God’s “ordaining” burnt offerings, a place for Israel, moon and stars, strength from babes, human government, good works for believers to fulfill, and much else. Christ “ordained” support for preachers; a king “ordained” a feast, the Jews a festival; Paul “ordained” a practice (1 Cor 7:17). Among numerous other “ordinances” are civil laws, institutions of worship, the Passover, priests’ portions, legal documents, specifications for the temple, and pious customs. In several instances, the RSV retains the word, elsewhere freely substituting “appointed,” “instituted,” “made,” “established,” “commanded,” and the like. In current usage, the words “ordination” and “ordain” are applied to persons, signifying selection and appointment to God’s service. Christ himself is said to be ordained judge (Acts 10:42), and Paul, a preacher and apostle (1 Tm 2:7).
Student Learning Outcomes:
After the completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- To study the Scriptures and learn its practical lessons;
- To acquire a detailed knowledge of the history of God’s revelation to man;
- To develop a deeper understanding of God’s work in this world;
- To grow in knowledge of how God deals with His children;
- To lay a foundation for further study in the Exodus University curriculum.