This course prepares students for higher education and aims to improve their leadership skills. Leadership communication touches virtually every area of our lives and this course has been prepared to enhance our ability to communicate properly with one another. The course touches so many areas of communication including types of communication, communication channels, communication in leadership, communication as a follower. It also discusses in detail the materials necessary for effective presentation. Models of culture and diversity are also discussed in detail. These are areas that every leader must understand perfectly before they can start performing at their optimal best. Theories of leadership is a course that is being forgotten as the days go by. And this course is aimed at reviving the dying culture of grooming students who understand what it means to maintain proper communication while utilizing necessary channels and styles of communication.
- Talk about leadership in a broad sense;
- Give a detailed explanation of communication, communication styles, and channels of communication;
- List and explain all the models of culture as well as communication.;
- Briefly discuss presentations, diversity, and intercultural barriers;
- Understand the effectiveness of leadership communication in our society today;
- Give a detailed explanation of gender communication styles; and,
- State the difference between power and empowerment.