BIBLICAL FOUNDATION OF ETHICS
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (2 Tim 3:16).
The Ten Commandments are the moral foundation for any society. People often disassociate what they believe from how they live. Therefore in every one of us there is tendency for hypocrisy. As modern day Christians we can look back to the resurrection of Jesus which is proof that we to will be raised in the future. Because of the resurrection we are under a different administration. We have moved from Moses to Jesus. We still have to obey the law but Jesus has nailed the law to the cross thus rendering its penalty ineffective in the lives of Christians. At the heart of all the commandments lies the statement, “I am the Lord your God.”
- Each student will memorize the Ten Commandments.
- Students will understand that Western and African decision making will not have the same outcomes.
- Students will understand that the resurrection of Jesus is the pivotal point of our faith and living it in our everyday life.
- Students will understand that the Ten Commandments reflect the moral character of God there for they will never change.
- Students will understand that obeying the Ten Commandments requires a heart change.
- Students will have the foundations to make ethical decision in their own cultures.